We need you to do something for DPAC!
We want to get as many people as possible emailing their MP in the early part of this week, Monday or Tuesday asking for a response about their position on Universal Credit
Let us know when you have emailed the MP and let us know if they have responded and what they have said. Even if they don’t respond, please let us know you have written and they didn’t come back to you.
At the end of the week we want to be able to publish a list of MPs and what they responded with, and also a list of those that did not respond.
Many MPs will only respond to emails from constituents, so when you email them make clear that you live in their constituency.
MPs will also not respond to standard template letters, so we need you to write something in your own words, it needn’t be a long email, and there are some pointers of things you can say below this message
Please do this!
We need individual people, maybe you have never written to your MP before but it is really quite easy!
You can find your MPs email address by putting your postcode or town into this webpage and it will take you to the MPs contact details page
You can let us know which MP you have emailed and what they came back with by adding a comment to the comments section at the end of this page
Here are some things you can put into your email:
- Universal Credit is totally flawed and will unfairly impact on disabled people/voters, women/ women voters, self-employed people/voters and anyone/voters on a low wage.
- Its roll out must be stopped and it must be scrapped.
- Disabled People Against Cuts will be collating a list of MPs, which will be made public on our website, of MPs who support stopping and scrapping Universal Credit and those who don’t.
- DPAC will also be publishing a list of those who failed to respond
- Could you please email with your position on UC for publication.
- If we do not receive a response by April 25th we will assume you support keeping this devastating welfare reform in place.