Let Inclusion London know about your experience of welfare benefit sanctions. The information will be used to inform our evidence to a Select Committee inquiry into sanctions.
Please send your evidence to Henrietta.Doyle@inclusionlondon.org.uk by 17 May
The Work and Pensions Committee recently launched an inquiry into benefit sanctions. The evidence the Committee is calling for includes: how sanctions operate, recent developments, and whether sanctions ‘help’ people off benefits and into work.
Below are some of the questions the committee is asking:
- What improvements to sanctions policy could be made to achieve its objectives better?
- Could a challenge period and/or a system of warnings for a first sanctionable offence be beneficial? If so, how should they be implemented?
- Are levels of discretion afforded to jobcentre staff appropriate?
- Are adequate protections in place for vulnerable claimants?
- What effects does sanctions policy have on other aspects of the benefits system and public services more widely?
If you wish send evidence directly to the committee the deadline for is 25 May 2018.
More information about the inquiry is available at: