Below are ALLFIE’s (Alliance for Inclusive Education) crucial principles for inclusive education. We all agree that education is a fundamental part of life, as such these principles are crucial for disabled children and adults and for their right to be educated in an inclusive enviroment.
DPAC fully supports ALLFIE’s principles and calls for ‘Education not segregation’ for all Deaf and disabled learners.
The principles are:
Diversity enriches and strengthens all communities;
· All learner’s different learning styles and achievements are equally valued, respected and celebrated by society;
· All learners to be enabled to fulfil their potential by taking into account individual requirements and needs;
· Support to be guaranteed and fully resourced across the whole learning experience;
· All learners need friendship and support from people of their own age.
· All children and young people to be educated together as equals in their local communities;
· Inclusive Education is incompatible with segregated provision both within and outside mainstream education;
Education not Segregation