Merry Cross writes:
I’m appalled that effectively, ATOS is picking us off, one by one and I believe we need to amass good evidence of how they are destroying our contribution to society. I’m hoping to show what contributions we can make when we have the necessary assistance and also the cost to society, ultimately, of refusing it. If I can do this with at least 20 ‘case studies’ as it were, I believe I could produce a powerful report. I will not use anyone’s full name in the report, just initials, and the region you live in (e.g. South West) but I will need your name and a contact address. This could be the address of an advice agency, for example, if you want to keep your own address private.
In order to compile a report, it would be brilliant if you could answer the following questions. Please feel free to do so in whatever way suits you. You may prefer to answer each question in a sort of list, or you may prefer to write your story, making sure that the answers to the questions are to be found in your story.
In relation to ATOS assessments for ESA
· What benefits were you receiving before the ATOS assessment? Please explain why you needed this/these.
· What has been stopped and what has been the impact on you? (Please include any emotional impact as well as any practical, medical or financial ones).
· Were you doing any permitted work or voluntary work before your assessment and have you been able to continue with this?
· Do you have any particular comments you want to make about how the ATOS interview was conducted?
If you have lost Disability Living Allowance after a re-assessment
· Were you working? If so, what were you doing and how long had you done it for? Were you receiving any help from Access to Work? (Financial; equipment; PA?) Please say also if you were doing anything on a voluntary basis.
· Have you been able to carry on working?
· What other effect has the loss of this benefit had on your life?