Job coaches in GP Surgeries? No! We call on GPs to #DoNoHarm.
Support the protest online!
Friday 4th March 3pm-5pm
Main Protest Twitterstorm at the same time as the Street Protest
Please support by using the template letter (amend as you wish) to send to your MP and your Doctor.
(Click on links Template Letter to your MP and Template letter to your doctor to download)
and if you can …..
Join DPAC, Boycott Workfare, Mental Health Resistance Network on
4 March, 3pm at the City Road Surgery, 190-196 City Road, London EC1V 2QH.
See the Facebook Event Page for more details
and please support the Thunderclap – timed to go off just as the protest begins
- What’s What Councillor Watts? Open letter from Mental Health Resistance Network
- A letter from a GP about “Jobs on Prescription”
- Why we’re opposed to “Jobs on prescription”
- How Islington’s Labour Run Council Are Dancing To Iain Duncan Smith’s Tune
- City Broadcast Video Interview – Controversy over Islington ‘Job’s on Prescription’ scheme
- Pulse Today – Campaigners protest against ‘job coaches’ in GP practices
- BBC News Online – Mental health job support scheme piloted
- Islington Council Website – ‘Jobs on prescription’ scheme for long-term unemployed
- Disability News Service – Protesters to march on GP surgery over Maximus job coach project
- Huffington Post – Employment as a Health Outcome? It Just Won’t Work
- Islington Tribune – ‘We don’t want job coaches in Islington’s GP surgeries,’ say activists