DPAC and the Reclaiming Our Futures Alliance are gathering evidence on the impact of the closure of the Independent Living Fund (ILF) since it was shut permanently on 30 June 2015. This will be used for a report which we aim to bring out ahead of the Chancellor’s Autumn Statement due at the end of November.
The report will publish responses from a latest round of Freedom Of Information requests asking Local Authorities how many reassessments have been carried out and the overall results (percentage pf support packages increased, percentage decreased..etc).
We also want to base our findings on testimonies from individuals and organisations with direct experience of the impact of closure.
Testimonies could be from people who used to receive ILF, people who missed out on ILF when it shut to new applicants, Disabled People’s Organisations, care managers expected to carry out reassessments or Council’s now responsible for meeting the full adult social care needs of Disabled people.
Information it may be useful to include in your testimonies:
– communication about the transfer process
– experience and knowledge of Local Authority staff carrying out assessments
– experiences and outcomes of reassessments
-how the transition process has impacted on you
Please indicate if you want:
– your testimony to be anonymous
– your testimony to be used only for the purposes of the informing the findings of the report or whether you are happy for your experiences to be used as an anonymous illustrative case study
– if you are happy to speak to the media about your experiences. If so please include contact details to reach you on and any communication access needs.
Send testimonies to firstname.lastname@example.org before mid-night 8th November 2015. Please keep testimonies as brief as possible and ideally no more than 4 pages/