Two invitations from 2 new regional/local DPACS: Chester and Cornwall.
DIAL HOUSE, HAMILTON PLACE, CHESTER
ALL DISABLED PEOPLE IN AND AROUND CHESTER ARE WELCOME TO COME AND HELP SET UP THE CAMPAIGN!
Too many disabled people are living in fear of coalition government cuts which threaten our independence, our care and our benefits.
Government proposals will mean:
- the abolition of non-means tested benefits like Incapacity Benefit from April 2012
- the abolition of Disability Living Allowance from 2013
- strict policing of all benefit claims by privatised medical services (ATOS) who view all disabled people as potential criminals
- cuts to support services from local authorities
- cuts to housing provision
- privatisation of the NHS.
And all this is accompanied by a wave of attacks in the media. Government ministers try to smear disabled people claiming their rights as welfare cheats or drug addicts.
It is time for disabled people themselves to make their voices heard in opposition to the cuts. There will be a meeting in Chester to start a campaign of protest here:
When : Wednesday 27/07/11
Welcome everyone to the Inaugural meeting of DPAC Cornwall held at the Railway Club, Truro Railway Station, start time is 18.30 and we look forward to meeting new faces, as well as those we already know.