Your experience of the UC claimant commitment
The Social Security Advisory Committee (SSAC) would like to hear from anyone who has experience and evidence of the claimant commitment under Universal Credit (UC) .
Inclusion London will be submitting evidence to the SSAC and would like to hear about your experience of the Universal Credit claimant commitment to inform our evidence. Please see some questions below to indicate areas we are interested in:
- Was the impact of your impairment or health condition fully considered by the staff member setting your claimant commitment? Please give details.
- Was your claimant commitment adjusted or changed by JobCentre Plus staff because of the impact of your impairment or health condition? Please give details.
- Have you received a sanction? If the answer is yes, did you received a sanction because you were unable fulfill the claimant commitment due to the impact of your health condition or impairment? Please give details.
- When was your sanction and how long did it last?
- What was the impact of the sanction on you and your daily life?
Please send your experience to Henrietta.Doyle@inclusionlondon.org.uk by 15 April 2019
If you are interested in providing evidence directly to the SSAC please see the information at: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/claimant-commitment/call-for-evidence-on-the-claimant-commitment