A key purpose of the conference on 29th October is for DPAC members to vote in an accountable and elected national steering group to drive DPAC forward and carry out the work that is needed to run an active and responsive campaigning movement.
There are 8 places for election. We are looking for people who are passionate about our campaigns, are able to give their time and ready to take responsibility. We are looking for people who can help DPAC establish links with disabled people and their organisations in different regions. The steering group will need members who have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
• campaigning and organising actions
• Public Relations and media including press releases
• public speaking
• networking with other anti-cuts groups to help promote disability awareness and pool resources etc
• website moderation
• social networking including using twitter to spread information
• communications including preparing information sheets and editing newsletters
• accessible communications, including communicating with members who do not have the internet and putting information into easy read
• maintaining records and databases
• research and monitoring
• accounts and book-keeping
In order to be nominated you have to be a disabled person and DPAC member. You can nominate yourself or nominate someone, provided they agree to be nominated. Members will need information about each candidiate in order to decide who to vote for.
We are asking that candidates send us the following information:
• Short biography.
• Why do you want to become DPAC steering group member?
• What skills and experience can you contribute to DPAC?